Friday, June 18, 2010

A Semi-glorious Sabbatical

Wow. Has it really been this long?

Where to start. Summer is hot, and I'm laying low. Wiggling my toes in the shade, watching the big yellow marigolds stand up to the heat. Watching my husband paint the front porch a 1970s gold. (If tupperware had a yellow to go with its retro avocado and pumpkin, it would be this color gold.)


My hands have been folding paper, tying vintage ribbons, rinsing out secret vintage glass bottles and filling them with almond colored glass pearls culled from salvaged purses.

I've been glittering eggs in German silver, and tucking them into tiny nests of medicinal herbs.


I guess that's enough for now. It's a healing time, a deep recharging. Not much else is going on. My last semester of grad school starts in the Fall -- and that feels a long way off right now.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment! It will be reviewed and posted ASAP.