|Vintage acrylic faux-carved coral cabochons, altered with paint and polish.|
|Faux tarnished silver altered art technique|
- First, mush dark brown acrylic paint (the artist quality kind from the tube) over the entire cabochon and use a stiff brush to push it down into all the little nooks and crannies.
- Before the paint dries completely, gently wipe off only the high areas with a slightly damp cloth, to get an aged look.
- Let the paint dry completely, then dab on the wax metallic polish (I like Rub n Buff the best).
- Once the polish dries (I wait until the next day), you can buff it to a satin finish and your cabochon will look like tarnished silver!
|Hand painted altered vintage faux coral cabochons|
HAND PAINTED: The third cab is painted with two colors of all-surface acrylic craft paint.
- Use a small brush or dauber to paint a couple of flowers with each of your two colors (here I grabbed baby pink and goldenrod yellow).
- Then, mix the colors together in different amounts to create new colors and dab them on as well.
- You can seal these if you like. I'm thinking about adding metallic gold highlights here and there...