But since I got the journalling bug this summer, I've been carrying my little Paper Chase travel journal (It's sort of like this but with a different cover, and it contains pockets, zippered compartments, etc., along with several kinds of pages -- graphed, blank, ruled).
So I brought my journal with me, along with a little makeup bag full of art supplies (packed in my checked bag because of the scissors)
- A fine point black India ink marker -- doesn't bleed through like permanent markers
- A black calligraphy pen, also India ink
- A glue stick
- A set of 6 teeny tiny gel pens (I looked for mini-colored pencils just before I left but couldn't find them)
- A miniature white out pen
- A small pair of scissors
- A small glitter glue stick (clear with AB sparkles)
Before I left I tore out some pages from a used bookstore find called The Art of Tarot, and stuffed them into the journal's zippered pockets along with the pictures that were already stashed there. The images are small, and contain lots of historical images.
In the room I journalled about something that was bugging me, using collage, and words I wrote radiating outward like a sun. I also added to a mermaid page I'd already started.