Thursday, January 22, 2009

Spread a Little Rumi

Do you like Rumi's poetry? I do, and I love Persian art too. (In college, I used to copy the compositions, gestures, leaping gazelles, color schemes, etc. with my colored pencils and gold ink.) I found this beautiful, clean little application on Facebook and put it on my page, and then found the company that created it, and I see that there's a whole website where you can see these little ATC-shaped (on Facebook anyway) images with a quotation from Rumi on each one.

This is the coolest contemporary use of Persian miniature paintings I've seen, and it's also nice to find a Facebook application that does not hang up your page, freak out, stop working, or mislead you into clicking on spammishness.

Anyway, the site and Facebook app are both called Rumi Sushi. Here's a link to the website:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It will be reviewed and posted ASAP.