Tuesday, September 25, 2012

"To the River" Bead Embroidered Cuff Bracelet

This is the bracelet I entered into the 2012 State Fair...

To the River
 Bead embroidery secured to a handformed metal core by its ultrasuede backing.
 
Mostly simple running stitch, with peyote stitch around the cabochons.
Mostly Czech charlottes and true cuts.

Easy peyote stitch -- only had to reduce wherever the stones were most angled.
Still trying to determine whether these vintage stone cabochons are gaspeite or chrysoprase.

I always like to make the "back view" interesting, too.

I made the "muddy rocks" with really ugly, low grade freshwater pearls.

A view of the other end, with more pearls.
~~~~~~~~~~



2 comments:

  1. Mary, congratulations! That's an awesome bracelet. I love the way you used the pearls -- I'm never sure what to do with my collection of D grade ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! It will be reviewed and posted ASAP.