Monday, July 26, 2010

Big Bucket of Flowers


I was bragging to my coworker about the MOTH's sudden green thumb and she asked me to take pictures. So, here's my favorite of his summer plantings.

I came home from work one day and he had planted buckets and pots full of bright summery things. Moss rose can always take the heat -- and usually comes up again the following year. Annuals seem to be a lot more iffy, even when they say "6 hours of full sun" on them (Somehow I don't think they're talking about the New Mexico sun).

I was so amazed with the way he'd arranged this barrel of bright blooms -- and magically, it has stayed this way through the hottest summer days I can remember, even on our baking hot patio. Pardon the construction in the background, we are taming that baking hotness with a nice roof. That is not getting built soon enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It will be reviewed and posted ASAP.