Here's how I made the card:
- The paper is brown craft card stock.
- For the background, I cut out an image from a 1940's National Geographic, using deckling scissors. The proportions happened to be perfect for the craft card.
- Then I burnished on some rub on flourishes.
- I was not too pleased with the way the fourishes transferred at the right side, so later on I covered the booboo area with a handmade layered flower. I punched a larger flower from scrap paper, then with a dimensional foam adhesive dot I attached a smaller punched flower. The paper was leftover from my recycled envelope-making.
- I also punched out 3 stars from a vintage book page, and glued on some pearl rhinestones. I attached the flowers with foam dots, too.
- I cut out the girl and boy from photocopies of my vintage postcards. They had been reduced in size. I attached them with foam dots for a raised look. I used 2 different sizes of dots so I could raise their little arms and legs too!
- At some point I stamped around the background image with Staz-on inks, in subtle colors. I was toying with the idea of doing more stamping . . .
Nice way to build a theme and get a bunch of work done. I just kept adding each similar component to each card in the same order, with variations (e.g., I had several images of children in various sizes, placing them in different positions on each card), without really knowing where I was going. Or when to stop! LOL.