Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sage Dreams

I finally found some time this weekend to roll out a new pair of earrings in my Etsy shop. Is that pitiful? One pair??? Got a stash by my computer just waiting to be photographed! ARgh! Too busy.

Had class all afternoon yesterday and then went on a date with the DH to his coworker's birthday party at a Mexican restaurant. They had a band there called Vanilla Pop. I don't know if that was a reference to the music, their ethnicity, or the fact that the woman sitting next to me though the lead singer had to be the blonde-wigged, sunglassed bass player's dad. They were it, by the way -- just the two of them. One keyboard, one electric guitar he occasionally swapped for a bass, a drum machine, recorded horns, and a bubble machine. I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or just get up and dance. After a margarita I did find myself shimmying in my seat to Neal Diamond, Frank Sinatra, and a catchy little version of Ring of Fire sung with a British accent. Well, who's to judge -- it's a living, right?

Today is the last day of the Fair and Junior's kung fu hopping, er, fighting. This year after their stage performances they were hired to also wander the streets in their Chinese dragons, causing mischief in the crowd, and working in a few flips and jumps when space permits. Next weekend I shall be free!

Anyway...back to the earrings:


Sage Dreams Archetype Earrings
Vintage cabochons, stamping, and rhinestones; decoupage

1 comment:

  1. Those are gorgeous! I would totally buy them if I could wear earrings. Srsly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! It will be reviewed and posted ASAP.