Sunday, August 2, 2009

When my studio grows up . . .


. . . I hope it will look a bit like Tim Holtz's place. Here are some links to his blog posts about his studio, from a couple of years ago. Of course, I don't have one of every single thing Ranger ever produced, LOL, but I've probably got one of everything else under the sun.

Thank you Tim. You have given me hope. LOL!

Yes, the organizing continues. I go in there for 20 minutes, half an hour, a couple of hours here and there and I come out feeling like I'm bailing water out of a leaky canoe.

But, on the other hand, the time it takes, the time I spend having to do things other than organize, gives me time to think about how I want things to be, what I need to provide storage for, what needs to happen first before something else can happen, and so on. And now and then I stuff a box full of odds and ends, drag it out and just sit in front of the TV, watching something lame and sorting through stuff.

P.S. I found my black gesso. And several brand new paintbrushes. And also one of my ultra-miniature tarot decks I use for brooches. I know there's another one in there somewhere . . .

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary,
    After spending time on organizing, I decided that I'd rather spend time on making. Oh well...a Tim Holtz studio is never to be mine, but a girl can still dream!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! It will be reviewed and posted ASAP.