Monday, January 2, 2012

To the River -- Work in Progress

A cuff bracelet in progress
  • The bezels are 24K gold coated charlottes a la Betcey at Beyond Beadery.
  • The stones, I believe, are chrysoprase. I bought them several years ago at the estate sale of a local cabochon maker and jeweler. It was conducted by his really lovely wife.
  • Most of the beads are true cuts (love that blue!) with occasional Czech and Japanese guests.
  • I am beading this on my own equivalent of Lacy's Stiff Stuff. You can bead all the way to the edge if you need to, with no tearing.
My goal in this design was to avoid (except for a bezel or two) creating a cuff-slash-cabochon design based on concentric circles. The stones and pearls represent rocks and pebbles in the water. The purples are the mud & earth by the of running water, and the green beads are (of course) fertile land. 
~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment! It will be reviewed and posted ASAP.